Drumcarding Basics & Beyond
Learn to use a drumcarder for fiber preparation, color blending, texture, and more.
Make a drumcarder your favourite spinning tool
A drumcarder is one of the biggest investments a spinner can make, and it opens a whole world of spinning possibilities! You can combine different colours and fibres in a custom blend, process entire fleeces consistently, incorporate textured elements for art-yarn spinning, and even open new opportunities for feltmaking. Fibre artist and teacher Emily Wohlscheid shares her advice for choosing, using, and maintaining a drumcarder in this video course.
You will love this video if you...
- Are interested in purchasing a drum carder and don’t know what type you would like
- Want to understand your drumcarder better
- Want to create your own custom blends
In this video, you will learn how to...
- Properly use and care for your drumcarder
- Understand how colours blend on the drumcarder
- Create custom blends including heathers, tweeds, textured, and more